Be kind to your mind.
Do matters of your sexual and reproductive health constantly worry you?
How often do you pause and reflect on your emotional well-being while dealing with those health issues?
We need to integrate this introspection into our daily routine to take better care of our mental health.
Women are known for putting others first. But when it comes to your health it is important to prioritize your own needs and speak up when you need support. At Proactive, we are committed towards addressing the significant impact your sexual and reproductive health has on your emotional well-being.
Explore common reasons for mental struggle.
Emotional distress is a common risk in women with PCOS.
The mental struggle of infertility in unforgiving and needs to be addressed.
Periods taking a toll on your mental health? Let’s talk!
Overcome the stigma around STI’s and mental illness.
Understand the psychological impact of pregnancy.
Hormones have a vital role to play in our emotional well-being.
Did you know?
- Studies say that anywhere from 27 percent to around 50 percent of women with PCOS report being depressed, compared to around 19 percent of women without PCOS.
- 3-5% of menstruating women, suffers from premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), a severe, often disabling extension of PMS.
- Most new moms experience “baby blues” after childbirth, which commonly include mood swings, crying spells, anxiety and difficulty sleeping.
- Syphilis is an incubating disease that left untreated can cause mental illness.
- Women are twice as likely as men (12 percent of women compared to 6 percent of men) to get depression.
- Upto 1 in 10 women experience depression while they are pregnant and 1 in 6 women experience depression during the first year after birth.
- Women are twice as likely to experience anxiety disorders as men. About 60% of the people with phobias or OCD are women.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a talking therapy that can help you manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave.
- Hormonal imbalances can cause a variety of complications, from mood swings to anxiety and more.
- The psychological impact of infertility includes anger, depression, anxiety and sexual dysfunction.
How can we help?
- Take your first step towards a better mental health with our assessment test.
- Read through blogs that will help you understand the psychological impacts of your existing health condition.
- Book an appointment with our medical practitioner for a thorough diagnosis.
Speak to our physician.
Your Comfort, your convenience
Schedule a 1:1 consultation with an expert to openly talk about any reasons that might be affecting your emotional well-being.
Other Mental Health Assessment Tools
Mental Health Check
Take our brief assessment today for a deeper insight into your emotional health and then decide if you would want to speak to a professional.
Postpartum Depression Check
Confused whether you could be suffering from postpartum depression and if you should take professional advice? Try this tool to find out.
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder Check
If you suffer from emotional up-downs before your periods, try this tool to find out if you possibly suffer from Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder and should consult an expert.
Explore more, before speaking to our physician.
We have covered dominant concern areas around mental health in the reads below. All the clinical content below has been authored by a top physician and will equip you to be better prepared for your call and ask the right questions.